BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEWLY UPDATED WEBSITE!
The Avian Knowledge Network (AKN) invites you to visit, explore, and participate. Loaded with information, AKN implements existing and new data standards, provides monitoring recommendations, and encourages innovation. True to its name, they share data, lessons learned, and development costs of tools across data nodes –nodes which host >20 million records from hundreds of research projects (including point count, banding, nest success, area search, and distance sampling data)! Here are some examples:
- eBird, which includes hundreds of millions of record
- California Avian Data Center
- Rocky Mountain Avian Data Center
- Midwest (U.S.) Avian Data Center
- Eastern (U.S.) Avian Data Center COMING SOON! Covering the Caribbean islands to the state of Maine and west to Texas